Sunday, October 2, 2011

Girls Night Out

On Friday night I took Cara out for some one on one time and we had a blast! She is a funny little girl and so sweet. Jeremy had her conference at school and it went really well and I thought to myself, "there are really good things about this, and there are some bad things about this." As a teacher, I know that the easy kids are a dream come true, but I also know that they sometimes get lost in the crowd a bit because they don't need much. I think that can happen in a family setting too. As parents, we have noticed from day one that Cara was our easy kid. She slept great, she was rarely unhappy and just an easy little baby. She would be singing in her crib when we woke up just waiting for us to come in. She was always full of smiles and still is. 

Sometimes the child who doesn't require as much work just needs to know that we appreciate them and love them and want to give them just as much attention as their siblings who * might * need more guidance :)! So, with that in mind and also just because I hadn't done anything with Cara alone for awhile that was fun (not running an errand), we got ourselves ready and when Jeremy got home we took off. 

She picked what she wanted to do and I enjoyed just saying YES to all of it. We probably spent too much money.......but we did have a ton of fun together!!!

First stop was the nail salon. 

At this salon, they have a mini pedicure which is a lot less expensive.


She was cracking me up....when she is all by herself, she has a whole lot to say. She said,
 "Mom, this is F-U-N!" 

Our next stop was dinner. It was a toss up for her. She was trying to decide between PF Changs and Bravo and in the end Bravo won out. The girl has good taste. She told me all kinds of fun things during dinner. It is so interesting the things she tells me. She's got the scoop! This is going to be really beneficial down the road since Jake doesn't tell me anything about school ;). 


After dinner, we headed to Target to pick up a birthday present for her friend. 


This is with one of her best buddies from school last year. This sweet girl was a huge blessing to me as I prayed that Cara would make good friends. Unfortunately, her family didn't come back to school this year (but they do hope to next year) and these girls really miss each other. I am so glad her Mom called and invited Cara to her party. It was such a fun and happy reunion!! And, since she is on our way home from school, I think we will be picking her up some and seeing more of her.  Isn't she adorable??


post signature

3 comments:

Aunt Joyce said...

Jeni, you are a "Super" Mom! You are always thinking of others! :-)

Aunt Joyce said...

I am sure you had a blast with Cara and you know she enjoyed her quality time with you!

Anonymous said...

Ben took Rowan to a varsity soccer game on Saturday night and Rowan loved how fun it was to be with just Ben! I do think the middle ones can get a little "lost" sometimes in the craziness of life. Glad you had fun with Cara. Sounds like a super fun evening!