I thanked him for taking such good care of him and told him how much that means to me. These babies that some think are going to have lifelong issues (just from spending time in foster care) are precious to someone. B is precious to me and to so many others who are loving him.
Believe me when I say we have had some recent days when we have said, "what were we thinking." We have wondered if all the stuff we have said is really what we believe. I can say....it is. It is SO, SO hard to think that he might be going away soon. It is really breaking my heart in two, but I am so very thankful for the time we have been given with this amazing little boy. He does not have bad days. He is a delightful, sweet, laid back little guy who just lights up the room with his smile. I especially love his closed lip smile that he often saves just for me :)!
These hard days are helping me to learn that life is just difficut, but if we are intentional about looking for the good things, we will find them. I am reminded of the verse that says, "joy comes in the morning." It does. Sometimes we have to look really hard and sometimes I have to drag my bootie out of bed to find it (or as I often say, pray myself out of bed). It is there. Yesterday I found joy in two people who brought me a Diet Coke. Today, I found joy in getting to meet this doctor. I know it sounds small, but it was HUGE to me. I found joy in B clapping for himself. I love it!!! I found joy in Abby putting makeup all over my face and then looking in the mirror and realizing that she had made me into a cat, but as she puts it, "a nice cat, Mommy." Oh.......I love 4!!! She is so fun. I found joy in Cara reading me a whole book. I found joy in Jake telling me that his teacher told him that his Ninja lego guy had a good weapon...the sword of the spirit!!! Seriously....a good weapon.
My goal this week is to really be aware of the good things going on all around me. There really are so many.




2 comments:
What joy B radiates! Look at that little grin on him in that pic! He is such a sweet, precious boy and I know you love him SO much! So thankful HIS mercies are new each day...praying for you! And glad you've got 4 little people to keep you seeing fun and joy even in this tough season. Love u!
What a great way to spend your time, being thankful. I will try it today too. Thank you for spreading encouragement especially when you are needing some yourself:)
Post a Comment