Sweet little Cara celebrated her 5th birthday yesterday. Thankfully, we had already had a few celebrations because yesterday was just a great big mess of a day. Cara, was such a good sport about her day being ruined by Abby's unfortunate injury. She loves her baby sister deeply and missed her. When Jeremy picked her up around dinner time to take her out for her birthday all she wanted to do was go to the hospital to see Abby.
Cara celebrated her birthday at school on Wednesday. Her teachers had a birthday crown for her and I had a new outfit wrapped up for her when she woke up (this was a great way to avoid the what to wear battle we've been having lately)! She loved it and looked super cute.

The next day, her actual birthday, I had planned to take Cara, her friend Ellie, and Abby to a fun play place near our house. She was so excited. I made her this shirt to wear for that day and she loved it because she is so proud to be a big five year old!!! This isn't actually the skirt I had planned for her to wear this shirt with, but as you can see, I lost the clothes battle that day :). It was her birthday after all. She is loving the boots too. She pretty much wears them every. single. day. She is big into skirts right. Love her and her little personality so much!

Well, we obviously didn't make it for our fun party for 4! We were getting in the car when the big collision occurred and the day took a quick turn. So, we had to have a "Birthday Redo" today. Cara went to school this morning, we picked her up a little early and rushed to Abby's doctor's appointment. After that we picked up her friend and then when we got home there were fire trucks at our house!! (NEVER A DULL MOMENT). I texted Jeremy from the doctors office telling him that the house smelled wierd. Long story short it wasn't a gas leak and all was well. Funny part was when the girls asked us why the firetrucks were there Jeremy said because we thought we smelled gas and they thought we meant toots. It was SO funny!! Those little girls were giggling about the firetrucks coming because we smelled toots for the longest time and we laughed a lot too.
ANYWAYS, after that we had some lunch, went to pick up Jake and then we waited for my Mom to come, dropped Abby off and headed out for the party. I say party because Cara thought it was the BEST PARTY EVER even though she only had one friend there!! That is one of the many reasons I love her. It doesn't take much to make her happy. While I was sad to leave Abby tonight just like I was sad to leave Cara yesterday, I was so glad to be able to enjoy Cara and make her birthday such a fun time.
We love you so much, Caraline!! You are a breath of fresh air. What a sweet sister you are. You are kind and caring. You are growing up too fast, but I am enjoying the fun things we can do together.
Love, Mommy
XOXOX

No comments:
Post a Comment